My Weekend Trip to Prince Edward County

My Weekend Trip to Prince Edward County

It was a cool fall weekend with a partly cloudy sky. My family (including the family dog) and I made a plan to venture out to the beautiful scenic towns of Prince Edward County. I was feeling a little bit under the weather, suffering a cold but I was determined to have a great adventure roaming the country side to find great little towns with interesting shops, cafes and to experience the local culture. But first we had to make our way to this unique place tucked away in the back roads called Mac Cools Re-Use. It is an old barn chuck full of retro furniture and accessories. This middle of no where a place full of mid-century furniture with the odd traditional furniture pieces….WOW! I was amazed of what they had and the prices were very reasonable. We were very lucky because it turned out to be the last weekend for them to be opened before they close for the winter season.

As I took my time soaking up all the great furniture pieces and wishing I had a truck with me to purchase all that I was seeing! You know how I love anything mid-century. Needless to say I couldn’t buy any furniture on this trip unless my sister and friend had volunteered to hitch-hike back home (3 hours away) “yah not going to happen”. But I did find a “pretty” that wouldn’t take up hardly any room and satisfies my décor “fix”. I found a lovely mid-century vase crafted in West Germany! I just love the homespun feel of it! I left the barn smiling and happy to venture out across the county in search of this place.
After visiting Mac Cools, we decided to stop by at a nearby town for lunch; the quaint town of Picton. This town doesn’t consist of any large box stores or malls. The people rely on the small businesses and I was amazed how busy the shops and restaurants were. It was refreshing to see small businesses thriving! There were many shops to visit so we decided to split up to investigate. Melissa was also able to find some interesting places to take photos. I am sure we will see them shortly on her facebook page “Enjoy the View by Melissa”. We found the people in the town warm and friendly. We simply loved visiting.  The weekend to Prince Edward County didn’t disappoint.


Comments

  1. Glad to see you got out and had a little adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posting Michelle!
    Enjoy the View by Melissa will be coming out with new photo cards shortly..perhaps some photo's will from this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the trip as much as you did! Yes I am getting excited to the posting of Thelma Bob Discoveries, perhaps it will be of Enjoy the View by Melissa holiday cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts