My Favorite Time of the Year-Autumn

                   My Favorite Time of the Year is here……AUTUMN

I am thrilled with all my heart to say it’s FALL!
This is the season where the vibrant earthy colour of the tree leaves appear in various hues of orange, yellow and reds. The air is cool and crisp with a warm glow from the sun; a sign of winter soon upon us. With the cooler nights we get the urge to add warmth to the home. We put away the brightly coloured summer sheets and quilts for a cozy down duvet. We add a sofa throw to curl up on a chair to read a book or watch a movie.
What I love to do since I am crazy for textile! And I seem not to get enough of it, I tend to keep core pieces of furniture neutral and then add accents as the seasons change. I used to purchase duvet covers with prints to suit the season but that became expensive. I now keep the duvet cover/bedspread neutral like white, crème, taupe and grey. I then add interesting decorative pillow shams and funky colourful too cushions on the bed and not the small “boudoir” pillows but 18”squares or 14” w x 22” lumbar cushions. This also applies to the sofa. Keeping the sofa neutral you can change up the cushions for the season or if you just want to refresh the look of your living room. To accomplish this you need to make sure the covers for the cushion are removable and to get decent pillow inserts such as down and feather combo. This is an affordable way to change up your rooms. Yes, it may be expensive at first to invest in a down and feather pillow inserts but in the long run the inserts can last up to 5-8 years. There is also a place in Toronto, Canada that can refurbish down and feather pillows for reasonable charge called the Feather Factory.
Adding a textured throw at the end of the bed or sofa can create a warm cozy look to the bed. Texture adds depth and interest to a room without it a room can look dull and flat. Throws can be inexpensive to very expensive depending what it is made of. It is just an added touch and worth to create a warm and cozy atmosphere.
I am just thrilled that during this season the outside view from my window and the inside my comfy abode is seamlessly colourful and lively in my favorite colours.
                                                               via apartment therapy
                                                              via apartment therapy
via Canadian House and Home

Michelle Richardson -Contributor

Comments

Popular Posts