CAPTURING THE BEAUTY OF WINTER

Niagara Falls Canada


Wait! Did I just put winter and beauty on the same line? I, like most of us, have become quite tired of the cold and the snow this winter season has battered us with. I then heard over various forms of social media that The Falls (Niagara Falls, Ontario) was a must see. Wai, Laura and I bundled up and headed for The Falls. It was a sunny day. You know, those days where the brightness plays with your mind letting you think that it means a warm day. After we made our traditional stop at the IHOP at the Beast Western on Lundy's Lane and a peek at the stores at the Canada One Outlet stores, we headed to Clifton Hill. When we reached the foot of the Hill and parked, we started our journey to The Falls. What a sight greeted us! Laura and Wai needed to get a hot beverage to warm them up but I couldn't wait. I just had to get to the perimeter of the top of the falls. It was like the sound of the water was beckoning me to its glory- its beauty! The juxtaposition of the rushing water and the ice formations took my breath away. The formations could be seen from the top to the bottom. Nature's biggest icicles were formed from the tunnels/caves. As one walked along the pathway that ran the length of The Falls to the bottom of Clifton Hill, one's eyes was drawn to the ice cliffs that had formed on the State side falls. I was mesmerized by how the water descended into the ice crevices. The reports were not wrong- this was a must see and I'm glad we did.


Niagara Falls Canada


Melissa Richardson- Contributor and Photographer
















Comments

Popular Posts